Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is founded on love, Christ is love and God is love (1st John 4:7-8). Three significant events recorded in the Holy bible prove God’s love for man, these are;
- The crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ to reconcile man back to God (John 4:9-12, 1st John 2:2).
- The promise and coming of the Promised Comforter, the Holy Spirit to teach and to judge man according to his works (John 14:16, John 14:26, John 16:7 and John 16:13).
- The promise of a new Heaven and a new Earth devoid of pains and sorrows (Revelation 21:1-7).
Sequel to the above, it is expedient that all Seekers of God and Children of God emulate that pure love by doing same to others (1st John 4:16-18). And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love (1st Corinthians 13:13). Love is the greatest and you cannot say you know God when you do not have love (1st Corinthians 13:2). The motto of BCS is love, faith and hope, and the greatest of the three is love. When you have love for one another you will not covet, gossip one another, cheat, fight, quarrel, hate, bear false witness, keep malice, abuse, segregate, commit fornication, commit adultery, destroy your body, tell lies, be angry with one another or commit any other vice and you shall surely see God (Matthew 5:28).
To demonstrate this love, BCS objectives include the following;
- To make the whole world one (Ephesians 4:4-5).
- Build infrastructures that will raise man’s moral standard, elevate man’s spiritual awareness and support the oneness of man.
- Preach the glad tidings to the entire world (Matthew 28:19).
- Build physical institutions and infrastructures such as educational and health institutions that will promote the gospel of love and oneness.
- Carryout programs that will give hope to the hopeless and dignity to the oppressed (John 15:13).
The gospel titled “The Great Commission” by Leader Olumba Olumba Obu, Sole Spiritual Head of the Universe reveals His mission and the duty of every child of God.
The Motto of Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is; Love, Faith and Hope.